As I am a poor struggling Artist working in a garret, I am unable to pay for expensive IT consultants so I am forced to produce my own website.
I would therefore be very grateful if you could report any broken links, mistakes or other difficulties that you may find on this site.
- Exhibitions and Prizes:
- Twice at the Kingfield Hall
- One man show at Dronfield
- The Cooper Gallery, Barnsley - 1990
- The Holmfirth Art Exhibition - 1990
- The Great Sheffield Art Show - from 1990 to 2016 (1st Prize Winner 1990)
- Art in the Gardens -from 2005 to 2015(double prize winner 2006)
- Thoresby Open - 2007
- "Artist" magazine Exhibition at "Patchings Festival" 2008 (Derwent Prize Winner)
- Prize winner in the "Artist & Illustrators" "Artist of the Year Competition 2010"
- "Artist" magazine Exhibition at "Patchings Festival" 2011 (Winsor & Newton Award winner)
- "Artist" magazine Exhibition at "Patchings Festival" 2011 (Atalier Interactive Award winner)
- Exhibited/demonstrated at "OpenUp" the Sheffield open studio event - 2011 - 2017
- Harley Open - 2012
- "Artist" magazine Exhibition at "Patchings Festival" 2012
- "Body of Work" Group exhibition "gage" gallery, Sheffield. 2012
- ‘Celebration of Art’ Group Exhibition, Harrison Lord Gallery, Brighouse. 2012
- Harley Open - 2013
- Group Exhibition, Harrison Lord Gallery. 2013
- Featured Artist Now Then Magazine March 2017
- Art in the Gardens (open exhibition) 2018 and 2019 (winner "Landscape award" and "Best in Show" 2018)
- The Great Sheffield Art Show (open exhibition) 2018 and 2019
- "The Ten Artists" exhibition 2018 and 2019
Work is included in private collections in America, Norway, Austria, Japan, Australia,Abu Dhabi and Switzerland
I was born - Sheffield, England and I am now living in the Ecclesall area of the city.
My training was at :-
- Junior School of Art and Design (Sheffield)
- Sheffield College of Art and Crafts
- Leeds College of Art
- Retford (Teaching Certificate)
I worked in many areas of Arts and Crafts - Furniture Design, Product Design, Pottery, Etc. before obtaining a teaching certificate and becoming a school teacher.
After taking early retirement from teaching, I have bumbled along as a sort of freelance artist/designer.
I do sometimes produce "serious" work, but I do not see why "Art" has to be po-faced so most of my work (especially my Automata and the commissioned
"Pen and Ink" work) has an element of humour.
Over the past few years I have been concentrating more on painting with occasional forays into 3D work, My paintings (often containing a humorous element) are usually fantasy Townscapes, Cityscapes, Industrial scenes and fantasy Hothouse/conservatories .
Studio visits are always available - contact
me to arrange time and date.